Casino News
| Published On May 20, 2026 12:21 am CEST | By iGaming Team

Evoke Extends Bally’s Intralot Takeover Deadline

Share

Evoke plc has given Bally’s Intralot S.A. more time to decide whether it will make a formal takeover offer, keeping one of the UK gambling sector deal talks active into June.


Good to Know

  • Bally’s Intralot now has until 5:00 p.m. London time on June 8, 2026, to confirm an offer or walk away.
  • Talks center on a possible bid for all Evoke shares at 50 pence per share.
  • Evoke has been reviewing sale options while dealing with higher UK online gambling tax and retail cuts.

Bally’s Intralot asked for more time, and Evoke agreed. The new deadline gives the company until June 8 to announce a firm intention to make an offer or confirm that no offer will come. Evoke can also agree to another extension.

The talks were first confirmed on April 20, when Evoke said it was in discussions over a possible offer for the full share capital of the company at 50 pence per share. Any deal is expected to use an all-share structure, though a partial cash option may still form part of the terms.

For Evoke, owner of William Hill, 888 and Mr Green, the timing comes during a wider review that began in December. The company has been looking at options that include either a full or partial sale.

Get 125% / $2,500 on 1st deposit!
New players only. Exclusive Welcome Bonus of up to $2,500
Casino & Sports

Pressure from UK tax policy has made that review more urgent. The Remote Gaming Duty rate increased from 21% to 40% on April 1, 2026, hitting operators with heavy online exposure. Deutsche Bank analyst Richard Huber previously wrote that Evoke had been “disproportionately impacted” by the tax rise because of its online-heavy model.

The company has also been cutting costs in retail. Plans include closing 200 William Hill betting shops across the UK.

Bally’s Intralot has kept its interest alive despite a difficult balance sheet at Evoke. The group reported a £541 million post-tax loss for FY25 and still carries a large debt load. Even so, Bally’s Intralot has continued to frame a takeover as a way to build a larger European gambling platform.

During the group’s post-FY25 earnings call, CEO Robeson Reeves tied the possible deal to scale and cost savings:

Get 125% / $2,500 on 1st deposit!
New players only. Exclusive Welcome Bonus of up to $2,500
Casino & Sports

“We see a compelling opportunity to bring our operating model to a significantly larger business and the potential to transform its financial performance through synergies we are uniquely positioned to deliver,” Reeves said during the group’s post-FY25 earnings call. “This is an opportunity we’re pursuing with conviction.”

If the bid advances, industry observers expect Bally’s Intralot to look closely at asset sales. Evoke’s Italy business and Mr Green have been mentioned as possible non-core units that could help reduce leverage after a deal.

For now, no binding offer has been made. Bally’s Intralot said any proposal would need standard regulatory approvals and conditions. Price and structure could also change, and the company warned that there is no certainty that any offer will be made or completed.

Tags: Bally'sEvoke