Ubisoft will share new Ghost Recon information on August 6 as the tactical shooter series reaches its 25th anniversary.
Good to Know
“It’s been a while Ghosts!” Ubisoft said. “We know some of you saw some updates, we’ll have more to say on the 6th of August when we celebrate the 25th Anniversary of Ghost Recon. Intel coming soon.”
Ubisoft has not confirmed what the event will include. Reports point to a possible Ghost Recon Wildlands Definitive Edition with 4K and 60 frames per second support, although an update on the next main game may also appear.
The timing gives Ubisoft a familiar franchise to promote during a quiet release year. The publisher recently said new Ghost Recon, Far Cry and Assassin’s Creed projects remain planned, but its larger content pipeline will arrive during the 2027 to 2029 financial years.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint remains the latest full release. Ubisoft improved the game after its difficult 2019 launch, but the series has had no new main entry since then.
The announcement also renews questions about Splinter Cell. Ubisoft revealed the remake in 2021, yet has released little public information since. Director David Grivel left the project in 2022 before later returning, while Ubisoft continues to say development remains active despite staff cuts at Ubisoft Toronto.
Ubisoft has struggled with long development cycles elsewhere. Prince of Persia The Sands of Time Remake was cancelled, Skull and Bones arrived years late and Beyond Good and Evil 2 remains in production.
Ghost Recon fans will receive answers first on August 6. Splinter Cell reaches its own 25th anniversary on November 18, 2027.