It was a long and hard fought battle, but DrUPSWING from Germany managed to take down the 8th Anniversary Sunday Million event on PokerStars. No less than nine players notched up a six-figure cash on Sunday and the eventually winner collected an amazing $1,038,540.31.
The Sunday Million had a $215 buy-in like always, but this time they created a prize pool of $9,317,200 and 46,486 players entered. This means 5,997 players ended up making the money and the fourth biggest Sunday Million to date.
The final table turned into a German party as hdjgkfkgsdl battles it out with DrUPSWING for the title. A deal was made heads up and both players secured more than $877,000 leaving more than $150,000 to play for. On the final hand it was DrUPSWING’s trip deuces held up against hdjgkfkgsdl’s flush draw, as seen in the front page picture.
PokerStars $215 Sunday Million 8th Anniversary Final Table Results
1. DrUPSWING (Germany) – $1,038,540.31*
2. hdjgkfkgsdl (Germany) – $877,090.19*
3. cynfarAA (Netherlands) – $554,373.40
4. MRJ1111 (Estonia) – $374,458.26
5. Kukoc69 (Croatia) – $283,522.39
6. temp0r2k (UK) – $221,749.36
7. pinkfinger (Switzerland) – $172,647.71
8. Uninc157 (Germany) – $137,242.35
9. pads1161 (UK) – $110,874.68
The biggest Sunday Million was held in December 2011 for PokerStars’ 10th Anniversary. A player named ‘First-Eagle’ from Canada took down that tournament for $1,146,574.65 after beating a field of 62,116.