The new champion of the 2015 Turbo Championship of Online Poker, also known as TCOOP, was found on Sunday when the Main Event took place. A total of 4,169 players took part in the tournament and paid the $700 buy-in, which shattered its own guaranteed prize pool of $2,000,000 by generating a prize pool of $2,772,385.
The tournament took a mere five hours and 11 minutes to finish due to its turbo structure and in the end it was Russian 'Nikki_Hefner' who could take home the biggest first prize in TCOOP history. The player took home $396,516.38 after making a deal heads-up with his opponent 'riversousa' from Brazil, beating the previous record of $382,812 which was set last year in the High Roller tournament.
1. Nikki_Hefner (Russia) – $396,516.38*
2. riversouza (Brazil) – $363,119.56*
3. PitBully01 (United Kingdom) – $228,721.76
4. Spraggs (United Kingdom) – $159,412.13
5. basil86 (United Kingdom) – $117,826.36
6. jxarturo (Colombia) – $90,102.51
7. yryryryr (Portugal) – $62,378.66
8. majo-K88 (Germany) – $34,654.81
9. GhettoHomie (Germany) – $22,179.08
* reflects heads-up deal
In total there was $19,968,306 in prizes awarded to the players and 168,621 tournament entries in TCOOP, showing that there's a massive interest for the turbo format tournaments. The next TCOOP will take place the same time next year, where the guarantees will be higher and new tournaments will see the light of day.