For a long time it looked as if Steve O'Dwyer was going to take down the EPT player of the year award, but Tímex has beaten O'Dwyer by less than a single point to take down the Season 12 European Poker Tour Player of the Year.
O’Dwyer took the lead on May 1st when he finished ninth in the €50,000 No-Limit Hold’em (NLHE) High Roller for €98,480. Tímex clawed a few points back the day after finishing in 10th place in a €550 NLHE Hyper Turbo event for €1,580 but fell further behind on May 4th when O’Dwyer caught a 31st place finish in the €25,750 High Roller earning €49,800. With time running out Timex entered the final contest of the festival – €10,200 NLHE Turbo 6-Max – and finished in seventh place for a €33,990 cash, earning enough points to overtake O’Dwyer at the top.
Nobody has made more top 10 finished than Steve O'Dwyer, as he finished runner-up in Season 9 to Jan Bendik and sixth in Season 8. For Tímex it was his second top 10 spot, as he finished fifth in Season 6.
The top 10 is shown below of this year's race is shown below.
EPT Season 12 POY Top 10 (Platinum)
1. Mike McDonald – 3,747.38 pts.
2. Steve O’Dwyer – 3,746.42 pts.
3. Ivan Luca – 3,097.93 pts.
4. Adrian Mateos – 2,901.41 pts.
5. Georgios Zisimopoulos – 2,803.04 pts.
6. Isaac Haxton – 2,712.51 pts.
7. Fedor Holz – 2,552.36 pts.
8. Ole Schemion – 2,528.04 pts.
9. Joao Vieira – 2,485.89 pts.
10. Daniel Dvoress – 2,436.29 pts.