Cryptocurrency gambling traffic tripling up in 2020

The absolute and relative value of cryptocurrency gambling traffic has seen a 300% increase year-over-year in 2020. This according to the SoftSwiss Game Aggregator 2020 corporate report.

In a marketplace previously dominated by fiat we are seeing a rapid rising interest in crypto gambling, made possible by the increased popularity of cryptocurrency and the ‘mainstream going crypto’. As the SoftSwiss Game Aggregator 2020 corporate report points out, cryptocurrency is currently being used by the whole world and increasingly so in Canada, Russia and Latin America.

While SoftSwiss Game Aggregator supports several cryptocurrencies, the undoubted leader still is bitcoin with a dominating 90%, and other cryptocurrencies (ETH, LTC in second and third place respectively) trailing the distance with the remaining 10%.

SoftSwiss Chief Operating Officer, Andrey Starovoitoy says: “Bitcoin is no longer exotic. In the coming years, we expect to see even more gaming studios supporting cryptocurrencies in their games, as well as casino operators integrating new crypto payment methods for their players.”

Statistics further highlight that cryptocurrency is currently actively used by the whole world, with increasing interest in Canada, Russia, and Latin America.  

SoftSwiss Game Aggregator partners with over 70 game studios globally, providing more than 10,000 different games, 3,000 of which support crypto in-game. This extensive portfolio can be added to any gaming software platform through simple API integration.

Recent Posts

Revolut brings eleven new Crypto assets to its platform

On Thursday, London-based digital payments firm Revolut announced that it had just added eleven new crypto assets to its banking…

7 hours ago

Ripple’s XRP is skyrocketing as the team celebrates three wins in a row in its SEC lawsuit

This Friday, U.S. Judge Sarah Netburn granted Ripple’s motion to keep its CEO’s financial records private after the Securities and Exchange Commission…

2 days ago

SEC’s Crypto Mom is calling for the U.S. to catch up and considers a ban on Bitcoin foolish

According to Hester Peirce, an American lawyer and Commissioner at the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), a government ban…

2 days ago

Bloomberg expects Bitcoin price to land on $400,000 in this halving cycle

In the latest edition of its monthly “Crypto Outlook,” Bloomberg, senior strategist Mike McGlone reports on the bullish narrative around bitcoin…

2 days ago

Coinbase high valuation is not a “done deal”, as analysts issue some caution ahead of its direct listing

Looking ahead to next week’s Coinbase direct listing, analysts conclude that by no means it is a “done deal” game…

2 days ago

Bitcoin’s adoption is at a “tipping point”, according to Fidelity Investments Executive Tom Jessop

During an interview at Marketwatch and Barron’s “Investing in Crypto” event, Tom Jessop, Head of Fidelity Digital Assets at Fidelity…

4 days ago