A recently published report by UBS Australia shows that not only does digital betting account for 65% of all bets, but in the first half of 2017, all digital wagering has grown by 23% and this is despite the 2016 government’s ban on in-play and live betting. Retail betting dropped by 6%.
Paddy Power Betfair’s Sportsbet is still the most downloaded app; 31% share of downloaded betting apps. The majority share of betting download apps inQ3 2016,65%, went to the big international bookies i.e. Sportsbet, Ladbrokes, Bet365 and William Hill. This was, however, possibly put down to banning of in-play betting, an actual decline of 4% year-on-year.
Ladbrokes and CrownBet continue to gain in share and William Hill’s overall share has dropped to 15% from 19%. It is likely that ban may have increased Tabcorp’s share by 1% to an overall 20%.